HIGH IMPORTANCE NOTICE: MWA have temporarily suspended all open practice permits. All Lightweight MX open practice sessions have been postponed until further notice and current WA restrictions have been lifted. Contact LWMCC Memberships for more information.
Use of the Lightweight Motocross Track for practice sessions is strictly for Club Members only.
ATTENTION: Track access is a privilege and all riders must abide by the rules. PLEASE NOTE: members found to be in breach of the club practice rules, may result in the forfeit of track access for practice.
Practice Days and Times for Motocross Track
ATTENTION: All riding Members MUST sign on in the attendance book immediately upon arrival to the track, before riding! PLEASE NOTE: Maximum of 30 Riders on the Track at any One Time. The Club Rules and Regulations are to ensure the safety of all riders, as outlined below. A reminder that all Practice Supervisor’s (PS1’s) in attendance, are responsible for all riders. As a rider, please DO NOT put your support PS1’s in a difficult position by not abiding by the rules.
For the motocross track to be open for practice, several safety regulations are required and must always be adhered to. These are;
- All riders and officials must be signed on in the sign-on books, which are located inside the cabinet in the scrutineering shed.
- All riders must have a minimum of Practice Supervisor (PS1) Accreditation present when practising on the track. No rider is permitted to ride without an official present. You cannot officiate yourself.
- The Practice Supervisor must always actively supervise their rider(s) (junior and senior) and be responsible for application of all rules, both club and MA, for all riders.
- No More than 30 riders are permitted on the track at any one time.
- Juniors and Seniors are not permitted on the track at the same time.
- 50cc (Div 1 & 2) riders must ride on the 50cc tracks and are not permitted on the track with geared bikes at any time.
- 65cc, 85cc, 125cc & 250cc Classes, are permitted on the track at the same time, providing there is a maximum of 10 riders or less, and the capability of the 65cc rider(s), ensures their safety at times. This is where a common sense approach must be adopted by the PS1’s.
- All members are required to report any issues with the track & facilities, as soon as possible.
- The track is to be ridden in a continuous loop and not sectioned when there is more than 1 rider on the track.
Track closures for events and maintenance will be posted on the clubs Facebook page.
Practice Times are 15 min per group.
Specific practice times only apply from 3pm on the following days;
Tuesday: Senior & 125/250cc
Wednesday: 50cc, 65cc & 85cc
Thursday: Senior & 125/250cc
Friday: All Juniors
NOTE: THE TRACK WILL BE CLOSED THE WEEK PRIOR TO ANY OPEN EVENT, FROM 12:00 pm ON ANY ARENACROSS EVENT & THE SATURDAY PRIOR TO ANY MOTOCROSS EVENT.
Introduce yourself to other riders and parents as this is a great time to meet other club members and have a riding companion. Post it on the Members Only FB page and get a group together.
Safe Riding and make sure you complete a site survey lap before every practice session.